Updated on December 10, 2021
Written by: Ian Brill
Art by: James Silvani
The “Crisis On Infinite Darkwings” story arc finally comes to a close, as Darkwing, Gosalyn, and Morgana, along with the *many* alternate versions of Darkwing, all team up to face Negaduck and a second villain, Paddywhack (who I assume is another villain from the original TV series, though I’m unfamiliar with him). As expected, everyone (including Magica de Spell, for awhile anyway) contributes to defeating the villains, and manage to send the alternate-Darkwings home. Though one plot thread from this storyline is left lingering at the end of the story (to be continued next issue).
Nice to see Darkwing figure out how to defeat the threat, drawing from a previous (TV) adventure to do so. However, the best part of this issue, of course, was seeing the different versions of Darkwing that showed up. Versions that I caught (among *many* others):
- The amusing “caveduck” and “spaceman” Darkwings from the previous issues
- Quiverwing Quack (Green Arrow-like version of Darkwing), the main alternate-Darkwing that plays a role in the plot
- A version resembling Mr. Incredible from “The Incredibles”
- A Roger Rabbit version
- A Tron version
- A Popeye version
- A version resembling the Flash
- A Darkwing resembling Rorschach from “Watchmen”(!)
- An Indiana Jones version
- A Harry Potter version
- A version looking like the classic “Big Boy” statue
- A version resembling Optimus Prime from “Transformers”
- A version resembling the Tom Baker Doctor from “Doctor Who” (complete with a TARDIS in the background)
- And finally, what looks like a trio of Darkwings as some sort of rock group (though I don’t know which one it’s parodying)
Overall, a fun outing!
Anthony Dean is the owner of Diverse Tech Geek and Diverse Media Notes.