Last updated on June 14th, 2022
If wondering why no updates in the last few days, it’s because I’ve moved my site to yet another new web host.
In early December I moved my site from longtime home A Small Orange to Stablehost, but I’ve decided it hasn’t been working out. I kept getting odd error messages (503 errors, etc.). Strangest of all, I wasn’t able to access my own site from my tablet or Chromebook when on my home’s WiFi. (I’ve eliminated it being Comcast’s fault, for once.) I did submit a ticket to Stablehost, whose tech support is quite excellent. The problem was (partially) fixed, but ultimately, I’ve decided to just give a new web host a try.
After some deliberation, I went with MDDHosting, a web host company based in an Indianapolis suburb. MDDHosting was one of the alternatives I’d listed in my previous post, saving some research time. A good thing, given it’s not easy finding a decent shared hosting service that’s A) not owned by EIG, B) charges by the month (instead of only annually), and C) has set bandwidth/site space allocations instead of “unlimited” everything. Stablehost is the first time I tried a web host that offers “unlimited” shared hosting. In the future, I’ll stick with either defined shared hosting limits or, should my site get to that point, move to a virtual private server (VPS).
Anyway, that’s the current state of things for the site. Please let me know in the comments or via the comment form if there’s any issues.