We’ve finally reached 2014 for comics solicitations. Here’s what’s of interest from DC for January 2014. Full solicitations are available here.
- Adventures of Superman #9, on sale Jan. 29, $4 (digital-first)
- Batman ’66 #7, on sale Jan. 22, $4 (digital-first)
- Batman: Li’l Gotham #10, on sale Jan. 15, $3 (digital-first)
- Scooby-Doo Team-Up #2, on sale Jan. 8, $3
- Astro City #8, on sale Jan. 15, $4
- Superman: The Man of Tomorrow Archives, vol. 3, on sale May 7, $75
- Batman: Li’l Gotham, vol. 1, on sale Feb. 19, $13
This month sees “Li’l Gotham” get its own trade paperback. Also of interest on the compilation front is a third volume of the “Man of Tomorrow” archives, which collect the Silver Age run of Superman stories. There’s also a new Showcase volume, this time of 1970s war comic “Men of War.”
“Detective Comics”‘s reboot renumbering hits issue #27, and thus is getting a special anniversary issue this month. Batman first appeared in the original “Detective Comics” #27 in 1939; thus, DC surely has tons planned for his 75th anniversary in 2014. If interested, see my previous post on the various anniversary issues of ‘Tec.
From the solicitation for “Superman,” it seems Lois has been upgraded from “secondary character” to “best friend.” Next thing you know, they’ll do something crazy like make Lois Clark’s girlfriend.
“Scooby-Doo Team-Up” sees its second issue feature Scooby teaming up with Ace the Bat-Hound to face the Scarecrow. Ace and Krypto have certainly made comebacks in the past decade, between the “Krypto” TV cartoon and various appearances across non-canonical/children’s media, with Krypto himself even making his way back into the DCU proper.