The end of the year’s finally arrived! In time for the holidays, here’s what’s of interest from DC Comics for December 2013. Full solicitations are available here.
- Adventures of Superman #8, on sale Dec. 31, $4 (digital-first)
- Batman ’66 #6, on sale Dec. 18, $4 (digital-first)
- Teen Titans Go! #1, on sale Dec. 18, $3
- Batman: Lil’ Gotham #9, on sale Dec. 11, $3 (digital-first)
- Astro City #7, on sale Dec. 11, $4
- Batman ’66: The TV Stories, on sale Jan. 8, $15
- Superman Family Adventures, vol. 2, on sale Jan. 29, $13
A “Teen Titans Go!” comic based on the current Titans TV series starts this month. Presumably the comic’s no relation to the previous “Teen Titans Go!” comic that was based on the prior Titans cartoon. Yes, it’s a comic book based on a TV show spun off from a previous TV show that was based on a comic.
“Superman Family Adventures” gets a second and final trade paperback that collects the second half of that short-lived title’s run. Meanwhile, “Batman ’66: The TV Stories” reprints various Golden and early Silver Age Batman stories that episodes of the live-action 60s series were based on. Barbara Gordon fans will be glad to get yet another reprint of “Detective Comics” #359, “The Million-Dollar Debut of Batgirl” (Babs’ first appearance). It’s too bad these titles aren’t out in December; they might make for nice gifts for kids and/or fans of the Adam West TV series.