Updated on December 10, 2021
Here’s a look at what’s of interest in DC Comics’ solicitations for February 2016. A full list of solicitations is available here.
- Superman: The Coming of the Supermen #1 (of 6), on sale Feb. 3, $4
- Superman: Lois and Clark #5, on sale Feb. 24, $4
- DC Comics Bombshells #9, on sale Feb. 10, $4 (digital first)
- Looney Tunes #229, on sale Feb. 3, $3
- Astro City #32, on sale Feb. 17, $4
- Wonder Woman: Earth One, vol. 1 (HC), on sale Apr. 6, $23
- DC Comics Bombsells, vol. 1: Enlisted, on sale Mar. 2, $17
- Starfire, vol. 1: Welcome Home, on sale Mar. 23, $15
- Wonder Woman: War of the Gods, on sale Mar. 23, $25
- World’s Funnest, on sale Mar. 30, $17
I assume “Superman: The Coming of the Supermen” is a non-New 52-set story about a non-New 52 Superman, and thus why it’s on the list. The Kandorians helping Supes, from the cover, are two blonde-haired guys and one Black guy. No Kandorian women are mentioned, but the solicit does mention Lois helping.
On the trade paperback side, “Wonder Woman: Earth One” is finally due to appear. Grant Morrison’s writing it, so your guess is as good as mine what to expect. I just hope the Amazons aren’t as bloodthirsty, sexist, and straw feminist as the New 52 versions.
There’s also trade paperbacks reprinting a George Perez Wonder Woman storyline, the one-shot Bat-Mite/Mr. Mxyzptlk special “World’s Funnest,” and the initial issues of “Bombshells” and “Starfire.” Presumably the fairly heavy Wonder Woman emphasis this month is timed for her appearance in March’s “Batman V Superman.”