Who am I?
I’m Anthony Dean, the owner of Diverse Tech Geek.
What is Diverse Tech Geek about?
Diverse Tech Geek is a blog about media and technology, plus diversity issues in both. I’ve split the site into two semi-separate sections:
- Diverse Tech Geek, which covers tech topics including: technology news; digital media (streaming services, digital comics); blogging; and Linux/open source software.
- Diverse Media Notes, which covers media topics including: media news; comics; and animation.
Where do I live?
I live in Seattle. However, I do enjoy traveling when I have the opportunity.
Who hosts my site?
The site is hosted on Digital Ocean.
What CMS (content management system) software do I use for the site?
When did Diverse Tech Geek begin?
Why do I have a blog/website?
A blog allows me to write about my areas of interest and have a centralized presence online. I also use my site to keep an online portfolio of my writing work and advertise my writing services.
What are my favorite comics?
Like everyone else, I like the long-departed “Calvin and Hobbes,” “Peanuts,” and “The Far Side.”
Some of my current and recent favorite comics are listed below.
- Superman, particularly his Bronze Age (1970s-80s) run
- The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
- Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur
- Atomic Robo
- The Backstagers
- Scooby-Doo Team-Up
- Love & Capes
- Goldie Vance
Webcomics and comic strips
- Dinosaur Comics
- Kyle’s Bed & Breakfast
- Scandinavia and the World
- AJ & Magnus
- Questionable Content
- Check, Please!
- Cupid’s Arrows
- Joy of Tech
- Various others (see here for a current list)
While darker-themed comics can be done well, I’m not as fond of what’s often called “grimdark” superhero fare. My favorite versions of Batman, for instance, include pre-Frank Miller comics, “Batman: The Animated Series,” and “Batman ’66.”
What operating systems do I use?
Do I accept guest posts/paid links/paid infographics/etc.?
At this time, I’m not accepting guest posts or paid links/infographics/etc. Any emails about such will be ignored.
How can I be reached?
Visit my Contact page.
How to follow Diverse Tech Geek?
How to support Diverse Tech Geek?
I offer Patreon and Ko-fi pages on my Support the Blog page. Thank you!