If wondering why no updates in the last few days, it’s because I’ve moved my site to yet another new web host.
In early December I moved my site from longtime home A Small Orange to Stablehost, but I’ve decided it hasn’t been working out. I kept getting odd error messages (503 errors, etc.). Strangest of all, I wasn’t able to access my own site from my tablet or Chromebook when on my home’s WiFi. (I’ve eliminated it being Comcast’s fault, for once.) I did submit a ticket to Stablehost, whose tech support is quite excellent. The problem was (partially) fixed, but ultimately, I’ve decided to just give a new web host a try.
After some deliberation, I went with MDDHosting, a web host company based in an Indianapolis suburb. MDDHosting was one of the alternatives I’d listed in my previous post, saving some research time. A good thing, given it’s not easy finding a decent shared hosting service that’s A) not owned by EIG, B) charges by the month (instead of only annually), and C) has set bandwidth/site space allocations instead of “unlimited” everything. Stablehost is the first time I tried a web host that offers “unlimited” shared hosting. In the future, I’ll stick with either defined shared hosting limits or, should my site get to that point, move to a virtual private server (VPS).
Anyway, that’s the current state of things for the site. Please let me know in the comments or via the comment form if there’s any issues.