Here’s a look at the blog’s top 10 animation related blog posts for 2015.
- Teletoon Retro to shut down September 1, 2015
- Sequel news for “Star Wars,” “Frozen”
- The next cartoon crossover: Jonny Quest meets… Tom and Jerry?
- Looney Tunes is getting a direct-to-video film, “Rabbit’s Run”
- Cartoons at the box office: “The Hobbit” opens in first place
- Minorities in cartoons: Superstretch and Microwoman
- Boomerang’s revamp finally debuts in the United States
- Movie review: “Home”
- The best of minorities in cartoons: Women in STEM
- Which Kids WB shows still aren’t available on home video?
By far, the top post was Teletoon Retro’s shutdown in September. From the comments, a lot of Canadian animation fans/cable TV viewers disliked the change.
In second place is the news about “Frozen 2” coming out in the future, followed in third place by the Jonny Quest/Tom and Jerry crossover. I haven’t seen that crossover yet, though it’ll be for Jonny Quest (I’m lukewarm about the cat and mouse).
Also in the top 10 are posts on other animation news (a Looney Tunes film someone linked to on Wikipedia), a few minorities in cartoons posts (Filmation fans boosted “Superstretch and Microwoman”), and one of my now-ended weekly box office posts (probably more for “The Hobbit” than the animation aspects). I also reviewed Dreamworks’ “Home,” which did well at the box office versus previous Dreamworks films.