It’s New Year’s Eve’s eve, and so it’s time for my annual series of year in review posts about the blog.
To start things off, here’s a list of my top 10 most visited posts that were originally written in 2015. Rankings are based on Google Analytics figures up through December 29, 2015.
Top 10 posts for 2015
- Teletoon Retro to shut down September 1, 2015
- Sequel news for “Star Wars,” “Frozen”
- The next cartoon crossover: Jonny Quest meets…Tom and Jerry?
- Anthony’s 10 favorite Roku channels
- Where does Supergirl live?
- My favorite comic readers by operating system
- Looney Tunes is getting a direct-to-video film, “Rabbits Run”
- Anthony’s Chromebook setup guide
- Back to the Future: 7 things that changed between 1985 and 2015
- Minorities in cartoons: Fire (DC Comics)
The Teletoon Retro post was the most popular post for 2015 by far. It received over three times the number of page views as the second most popular post, about the then-announced news on sequels to “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” and “Frozen.”
In third place is a post about a “Jonny Quest”/”Tom and Jerry” DVD movie. Fourth place is a list of my 10 favorite Roku channels; fifth place focuses on where Supergirl lives. Not a surprise that “Frozen” would show an influence (hanging on from 2014), while the Teletoon Retro post has been a bit of a pleasant surprise.
Apparently people enjoy reading about:
- Upcoming cartoons
- List posts (not a surprise, being the Internet)
- Cable TV animation channels (Teletoon and Cartoon Network related posts have been popular in previous years too)
- Tech tips and guides
- Comic characters that appear in movies, mainstream animation (Fire on “Batman: The Brave and the Bold”), or primetime TV (Supergirl), aka forms of entertainment the general public actually like, as opposed to superhero comics’ more niche appeal.