Yes, it’s the obligatory “Star Wars” post, my contribution to the general hype and excitement over “The Force Awakens,” which as of this writing is the newest film in the series.
Here’s a compilation of some of my noteworthy blog posts and other trivia about “Star Wars.”
- The trailer for “Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice” released on the same day as a new “Force Awakens” trailer.
- How NASA and Star Wars have intersected. Probably not at quite the same degree as “Star Trek,” but “Wars” has had its own impact.
- My reactions to the announcements about 2017’s Episode VIII, plus the spin-off film “Rogue One.”
- My reaction to the very first “Force Awakens” trailer.
- My post on “Yogi’s Space Race,” an anthology series that tried to cash in on the initial late 70s “Star Wars” craze. Even the show’s logo font strongly tied in!
- My bobblehead toys of:
- My reaction to the news of Disney’s buyout of Lucasfilm, which already feels like ages ago.
- Here’s Bill Murray’s lounge singer sketch from “Saturday Night Live,” where he memorably gives the opening theme to “Star Wars” bizarre but hilarious lyrics. (“Star Wars! Nothing but Star Wars!”)
- Finally, here’s the 20th Century Fox fanfare from the opening of “The Empire Strikes Back.” As classic an opening theme as “Star Wars” has, things won’t be the same without hearing the 20th Century Fox fanfare at the start of the new Disney-made films.